Sunday, October 12, 2014

SCHOLARS AND SCOUNDRELS - AN INTRODUCTION

I'm Ryan Pollard, an upcoming writer in the Twin Cities. I'm working on a novel called The Devil's Nest. It will come out whenever I feel it's fit for the eyes of a wicked public.

The idea for this blog has been kicking around my mind for about a month. It will be pretty open, but the main focus will be how we create and react to art, and what it says about our society. I'll talk about my process for writing, show a few excerpts of my developing work, go on about films or albums that I have come across, and probably rant like a fucking lunatic. We don't have enough of that on the internet.

Honestly, I went through with creating this blog so I can have an instant release for my writing. Crafting my novel is like having sex with a gorgeous woman that I deeply love – start with the foreplay, go a little bit slow here, speed it up there, maybe switch to a new position, and build up to a glorious climax. There's a few fanny farts and funny faces along the way. One gets the beauty, irreverence, and imperfection of humanity.

Writing for this blog will be the masturbation equivalent to writing my novel. Self-serving, fast and furious, intriguing to whoever is peeking through the window, and hopefully it won't take too long for me to bust a nut. It would also be nice if I don't get anything on the rug.

I don't want to jump the gun, but I'm also experimenting with the idea of a podcast. I would get some of my dumbass friends together and shoot the shit about a topic or two. That will only come once I have established some organisation to this chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment