Wednesday, October 29, 2014

IN THE CATACOMBS - A POEM

Dizzy, dazed, in the catacombs I wandered,
My aching being had been taken possessed.
I tripped on aborted fetuses and needles,
Discarded, faded, and worn-away postcards,
Of exotic lands, toxic smiles, then reminisced,
A time when I thought this was love.

Lost in the twists and turns of the catacombs,
Seeking the one who had me possessed,
Falling over skeletons and a mare's nest,
Broken bottles stuck shards in my flesh.
Lapsing, I screamed their screams enmeshed,
Clasping onto when I thought this was love.

My eyes gazed with deep amaze at the bones,
Which lined the walls of the catacombs,
Confined home of the one who possessed.
The skulls stared back with empty sockets,
Told me that I am what they once were,
They are what I will be if I don't leave,
The deplorable love I once believed.

A hectoring voice rattled the chambers,
Called my name from out of nowhere.
I jolted up and stood there in silence,
Then turned with a curious hesitance.
There I stood, toe-to-toe with the one,
The figure that had taken me possessed.

Their eyes took guise to my very own.
Facial features that resembled my own.
Their body took a shape like my own.
Their hair could compare to my own.
In a voice that sounded like my own,
They proclaimed forcibly to be mine.

We screamed our screams enmeshed,
Lost forever in the catacombs.

No comments:

Post a Comment