Tuesday, March 31, 2015

FRACTURED WORK OF ART - A POEM

Self-idolatry meets self-loathing.
My wistful eyes stunned frozen,
As I stare at the vaulted ceiling.
I recall the seagulls squealing,
On the brisk Lake Superior shore,
In simpler days of mild malaise,
Away from clubs and dance floors,
We grew tired of those summer days.

Sitting with my old friend, silence,
I recall her pleasant countenance,
Between reality and imagination,
In the woe of a fading stimulation.
Tender words drip from bloody lips,
Down the steps and into an abyss,
That swallows memories of bliss,
Then coaxes me in a writhing grip.

Flick of a wrist and kiss of a knife.
Stubborn hands commit the deeds.
Cowering with trembling knees.
Guiltless eyes close the windows,
To a chamber of rotting faces,
Tortured by a harrowing heart.
This body is a haunted place,
A fractured work of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment